"Persistence, determination and a positive mental attitude": Q&A with Cbus' Michelle Boucher May 2018
Cbus group executive Michelle Boucher shifts into a new role within the $44 billion fund's group executive team this month. In a Q&A that's short and sweet, Michelle tells Industry Moves why Cbus is a special place to work, hints at some new digital technologies to be implemented at the fund and touches on her rather secretive first job.
- What has been a highlight of your five years at Cbus?
There have been many highlights but our unwavering commitment to members makes Cbus a special place to work.
- What are your key goals for this new role over the next 12 months?
To drive significant change with an intention to manage all of our member and employer touch points.
- Having previously worked as the Group Exec – Member Experience, can you share some of the effective strategies used to engage members?
Engaging with our members at the right time is always the key. We do that through various channels and we will continue to enhance this capability over time.
- What kind of new technologies might be introduced to Cbus in the near future?
The transformation is primarily around digital implementation. We intend to implement a leading edge omni-channel to ensure our members have the best retirement outcomes possible.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?
I befriended an older lady down the street when I was a child. She would always say to me that ‘persistence, determination and a positive mental attitude’ is the secret to a successful life. I try and live by this statement.
- What was your very first job?
I was an administrative trainee at Police and Emergency Services. One of my first jobs was taking secret minutes to highly confidential police operations. I was sworn to secrecy.
- Where did you grow up?
Sandringham. It was a great childhood growing up near the beach.
- How do you maintain a work/life balance?
Easily, I have three teenagers and my second job is a taxi service to various sporting events and their social events.
- What’s something that most people don’t know about you?
I had three kids in 13 months. This includes a surprise package of twins.